Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Was rear ended (barely bumped) with no damage, but had a passenger, what do i do?

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by WalterSobchak216, May 12, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. WalterSobchak216

WalterSobchak216
    Expand Collapse

So I had a rider, while stopped at a light the vehicle behind me got gun happy for a green light, while it was still red and proceeded to hit me. It was more like a bump more than anything. Called 911 and they told me to come to the police station to file the accident. So, I just exchanged info with the guy whom hit me and continued on the ride and dropped the pax off. Now here comes the dilemma, I did check under the bumper and the bumper frame is fine, not bent, and there are really no clear markings on the rear bumper. Should I just let this slide or go through the process of filling the police report and notify uber?

The issue is that, if I report the accident, IT WILL show up on carfax and affect the value of the vehicle. However, here in Ohio, he obviously will be cited for ACDA, assured clear distance.

So, is this a no harm no foul situation or the guy still rear ended me and I should report it?

My other issues is that if i report it, then (from my understanding) I WOULD be deactivated for a minimum of 7 to 10 days while they do their thing AND then I WOULD also have to file a police report, which, as i said, then would show up on carfax that my vehicle was in an accident. So, on top of loosing major potential profits on what will be a VERY busy weekend, i will ALSO greatly affect the resale value of my vehicle. And I personally feel doing that would be all for noting considering it was a bump at barely any speed he hit me, probably not even 5MPH. Almost like the speed you are at when you bump a curb when part In addition, I also worry that Uber may still require me to get it repaired when there is no damage.

I also did ask my pax like 2 or 3 times if they were ok, if they are hurt, and such, and they stated they are ok and fine. Also, i know that if they do not seek medical attention at a very little of a crash such as this, it would be nearly impossible for them to have a rightful injury claim, especially in a litigious situation. It was definitely not even hard enough to cause whiplash.

I have the guys info, pics of vehicles, scene, and whatnot.

I honestly and seriously doubt he will file a police report because he basically wanted it to be no harm no foul anyway and to take off. But i insisted in (covering my ass) in getting his info. But i did make sure to sternly inform that regardless if his "foot slipped", that he still violated ACDA (assured clear distance). He would be VERY stupid to file a report more then less.

Draft saved Draft deleted