Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

What vehicle qualifies for Uber?

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by UberKurtDesMoines, May 9, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

The 2007 Honda Odyssey van I drive had no problem qualifying for Uber, but I have friends that want to also drive and are wondering if their car will be approved.

What is the criteria? I know it can't have any damage, must be clean inside and out, and be in great mechanical order. What about age and type.

Obviously four doors, so no sports cars. I've heard it can't be more than 10 years old, then someone told me they heard it was 12 years.

Would a newer crew cab pick up truck be approved? Would a 2000 Mercedes sedan with low miles and perfect body qualify?

Any feedback?

2. Skip Critteden

Skip Critteden
    Expand Collapse

United States
    This seems to be a common question. I have been looking for that exact information to make sure that the car I am going to purchase will meet the local requirements for California.

3. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    check on the uber website for your city. I think a list may appear when you sign up as a driver.

4. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Any vehicle that runs.

ClevelandUberRider likes this.
  5. LAndreas

LAndreas
    Expand Collapse

United States
  6. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Very funny.

7. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Yes, your local Uber office should be very good at providing you with the current list for the city. After all, they want more new drivers at any time. In the few times I contacted them for the most updated list, they were very fast in getting back to me (not much or even no change at all to the list though, in the few months that I asked them for the updated list, as I just wanted to be sure each time).

Draft saved Draft deleted