Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

WHY DOES UBER-X EXIST?

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by ulysses x. dryvver, May 25, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

It meets a demand, and meets it well.

Moving individuals and small groups from point A to point B (or C, or D) on short notice is in great demand, especially in our larger urban environments. There is a long standing practice by city dwellers of eschewing the ownership of a personal vehicle. The cost to park, operate, insure and fuel a car in a large city are significant and getting worse.

2. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

Smerconish learns about Uber-X from a driver w/ 2500 trips.
    http://www.
    Read that driver's ebook. It defends a true innovation.

3. DodgesTheSun

DodgesTheSun
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I just don't see how they make enough (without tips, as it should be) to cover the gas, insurance, and most costly....maintenance/car upkeep due to the mileage put on the car, and still have enough to eat! I guess it entirely depends on the location. That being said, I'm also a firm believer of "nobody's forcing you to do it" and how you can leave at a moments notice if the bills can't be paid on it or it seems too unfair.

4. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

Unfair is in the eye of the beholder.

If you need to put a roof over your family’s head and food on their plates, getting paid 10 to 2o dollars per hour, net, can look very fair. Thirty hours per week will bring in about $450 per week. That is $1400 per month.

I recently spent 22 hours over 4 days driving in Wash DC. I collected gross fares of $622. Uber deposited $498 In my account. I spent $31 on gas.
    My lease cost did not change due to Uber-X driving, so I allocated none of it. Maintenance for the 150 miles driven was about $60.

So, I made $407 for 22 hours effort. That is about $19.00 per hour

5. UberPartnerDennis

UberPartnerDennis
    Expand Collapse

If you take advantage of the tax breaks you can make a killing with Uber. Find a good accountant or tax preparer....its money WELL SPENT

AND BY ALL MEANS SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS FOR EVERYTHING!

6. KGB7

KGB7
    Expand Collapse

Another sucker born every day.

When was the last time you had a job working 22h/week and made $50k a year?

You can make $1k/week, but youll have to drive 60h/week.

Welcome to adult world, where people work hard for their money.

7. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    $31 for fuel? I bet every one of those miles was paid for!. I see appreciation has slipped the calculation. And you must be carrying out another high milage activity for you to casually discounts the cost of your lease.

Will Uber be protecting your earnings by slowing down and stopping the on boarding of new drivers which they have done in every market to oversaturate and steel marketshare off taxis?

Man! I want but drugs are your are on! That is some fantasyland you are in.

Draft saved Draft deleted