Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

why not 5 star rating?

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Harry Flashman, Jul 14, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    If the cabs around around the world are so bad, why don't 90% of uber X drivers have a 5 star rating?

eXtreme2me2 likes this.
  2. Vlad V

Vlad V
    Expand Collapse

United States
    because the rating system is lame. the way that it is currently set up, it's either you get a 5 star or no rating at all. anything in between is bad. so some customers think giving a 4 star rating out of 5 is still good, but in reality will ding a driver's rating. they will think of little things to not give a 5 star rating, car smell, music, type of car, how old it is, etc. the other problem also is the way Uber markets the ride sharing. they make it sound like they are hiring a personal limo driver, so any service less than that is not worthy of a 5 star.

3. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    I will go a step further and say the rating system sucks.
    would you agree that pax are expecting way to much?

eXtreme2me2 likes this.
  4. Vlad V

Vlad V
    Expand Collapse

United States
    yes, they do. in Los Angeles where it's only a dollar per mile for Uberx and they expect Uber black service, seriously?

UberRidiculous and eXtreme2me2 like this.
  5. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    unfortunately the cycle will continue, newbies thinking they are doing such a great job giving out free water and mints for 75 cents a mile until they learn better. How do we stop the madness?

6. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

I'm still suprised that newbies will still cater to the riders with snacks and water at below $1 mile. They have only to blame themselves for doing that. Enabling to say the least. Heck if ubers rates were 10cents a miles it certainly would attact more pax, but some real cheap sobs, just like the ones who raid the big retail outlets on the blackfridays.

7. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber (and no, I am not an employee of Uber or "plant," on this or any other forum, and other than a contractor/driver and occasional passenger/customer, I have absolutely no affiliation with Uber) but here's my $.02....
    Water: Guilty as charged
    Snacks: Absolutely not!

When I started doing Uber, I was working for a limo company driving UberBLACK/SUV and giving out water was expected, if not required by Uber. Since moving to UberX, I continued the practice as I think it provides a nice accessory to the ride. Offering water provides a non-threatening way to try and make conversation with passengers so the silence is somewhat less deafening. If the trip is fairly short (1-2 miles), I may not "suggest," water but it is in the seat pocket in front of them. Longer trips, I (almost) always suggest water if they need it.

Obviously I have no idea if offering water is giving me more 5-star ratings but I don't think it hurts me.

Water: $1.50 (approx) per 6-10 hour shift
    Ice: $2.00 per shift
    (usually) Happy riders that are no longer thirsty: Priceless!
    $.02
    MHD
    PS. I think I passed "newbie" status about 21 months ago!

Harry Flashman likes this.
  8. Vlad V

Vlad V
    Expand Collapse

United States
    If uber eliminates the 1 dollar fee per trip, I will be more than happy to hand out water to my uber passengers.

9. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

and if they drop the minimum charge by $1 at the same time?
    MHD

Draft saved Draft deleted